1.12.2011

His Holy, Perfect, Sacred &Trustworthy Word

Lately I've been in awe of how the Father spoke the Word into being.

For a long time, I've known the Bible was there to teach us, I understood that it was Gods Word into our lives. But I think for a long time I read the Bible almost as story. It was a beautiful novel that I read on a daily basis. The odd time I would feel as though this Word spoke to me, and I would apply those words to my life and continue living. But here's the thing

The Bible is Holy.
Webster's Dictionary defines holy as: 
     exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness 

The Bible is Sacred.
Webster's Dictionary defines sacred as:
     entitled to reverence and respect

The Bible is Perfect.
Webster's Dictionary defines perfect as:
     being entirely without fault or defect

The Bible is Trustworthy.
Webster's Dictionary defines trustworthy as:
     worthy of confidence 


This book is worthy of our confidence in that it is entirely without fault, it is entitled to reverence and respect and worthy of our complete devotion.

Lately Ive been realizing what that truly means. This Word I read is not the stories of people in past times and how they served Jesus. It is my perfect instructions on how to become more like Jesus. It is full of everything I need in my life.

As this has become more and more real in my life, the Holy Spirit has opened my eyes to the relevance of Scripture.  

Father forgive me for not sooner discovering this truth.  

As I read these holy words I am brought to tears, they cause my heart to break. I toss and turn through the night with Scriptures rattling in my brain. My heart is shattering because if we actually believe this `storybook` and instead of seeing it as a `storybook` choose instead to view it in its holiness and perfection it will transform our lives. 

God has specifically been bringing me to scripture about the Church. I used to read these words and ask myself why these Churches were so foolish to turn away from the Lord. Now instead I see how perfectly they describe the struggle of the Church today. Thousands of years later these words still perfectly describe the sins of Gods people. 

Isaiah 29:13-14
    ``These people make a big show of saying the right thing, but their hearts aren't in it. Because they act like they're worshiping me but don't mean it, I'm going to step in and shock them awake, astonish them, stand them on their ears. The wise ones who had it all figured out will be exposed as fools. The smart people who thought they knew everything will turn out to know nothing.``

Unfortunately that sounds a lot like me sometimes. It also sounds a lot like the Church.


Revelation 3:16-17
    ``I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold; you're not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless``

Now is when the tears start to fall, I make the Father want to vomit in my apathy. He finds little to His liking in the Church, His precious bride whom He wants to turn away from due to our sin.

I`m so thankful that my eyes have been opened to the power of The Word. My deepest desire is that I will approach it with as much reverence and awe possibly. That I may truly grasp the power of His Holy, Perfect, Sacred & Trustworthy words.

The warnings against ignoring scripture are all over His Holy Word. They are not there by mistake because the Bible is perfect. They are there because He knew, in His greatness and wisdom, that we would choose to turn away. He warned us over and over to listen to every word, because He intended every single word that was written.

James warns: Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear!

Paul warns: Stick with what you learned and believed, sure of the integrity of your teachers—why, you took in the sacred Scriptures with your mother's milk! There's nothing like the written Word of God for showing you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.

David warns: There's more: God's Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure. Otherwise how will we find our way? 

Please if you are not feeding on His Word daily I urge you to dust off that Bible and read these awe-inspiring words. But know that if you read them and believe they are true, you are held accountable as to whether you obeyed or not. Store His Word in your heart and meditate on it throughout the day. He promises to show us the way to joy, to point out the right road and to pull our lives together. And He does not break His promises.


The revelation of God is whole
      and pulls our lives together.
   The signposts of God are clear
      and point out the right road.
   The life-maps of God are right,
      showing the way to joy.
   The directions of God are plain
      and easy on the eyes.
   God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold,
      with a lifetime guarantee.
   The decisions of God are accurate
      down to the nth degree. 
God's Word is better than a diamond,
      better than a diamond set between emeralds.
   You'll like it better than strawberries in spring,
      better than red, ripe strawberries. 
Psalm 19:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment