5.07.2011

My Mom

In honor of Mother's day I want to share with all of you why my mom is the best.

Seriously, she knocks your mom's socks off.

And my mother in law is the best mother in law ever.

Seriously, I am beyond blessed with these two beautiful women in my life.

My mama, had a heart of gold. She never would have dreamed of being a pastor's wife but she has taken on the role with grace and dignity and does a darn good job. She is the silent force behind my dad's ministry. Many of you don't know this but nearly ever service my mother is behind the stage praying for my father as he shares God's truth with the church. She is the power behind him. My mom hates being in the spotlight so she might hate that I'm writing this but I could care less. She has a heart for the least of these, much like me. Every holiday we invite people over who don't have family around, so they can be a part of one. She knows how to reach out to those who are hurting and those who are lonely. She opens her home and her heart again and again for those who need a place to stay. Last week my parents had four extra men living in their house. People who just needed a place to stay for a few months. They are down to one now and I'm sure my dad is enjoying the peace and quiet. My mother is always willing to give and serve in any way she can. She fills the gap whenever I need. She continually blesses me by always me by always being willing to help me out however she can. My parents have blessed us financially in a huge way during this time where Shaun is in school and I'm so grateful. I loved my home in high school because every one of my friends was always welcomed and fed a meal and treated as though they were sons and daughters as well. This is something I pray I will exemplify when I am a mother. My mom loves the orphan just as much as I do and we have shared many tears over blogs and conversations about those hurting in this world. We are hoping to serve in Uganda together this upcoming January and I can hardly wait to do this as mother and daughter. I am so incredibly blessed by my mother and I know I don't tell her how thankful I am enough. I pray every day that I will be a mom like her. I have never once doubted her love for me and I'm so grateful for that.

So those are a few of the reasons why my mom is the bomb, seriously!

Love you mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment