3.16.2011

So last night I was reminded what you get when you challenge God.

Our church has a women's retreat in April and I've been feeling like I should go but have been pulling up excuse after excuse why I shouldn't.

1. We don't have the money. (Okay really I can take the money out of savings, but just didn't want to)
2. I don't want to take time off work. (Actually didn't even check if it was my weekend off and I'm pretty sure it is which means I have to take about an hour off of work)
3. No one my age (This is a little more legit and still a fear but I'm mature right so I can chill with older people....let's hope so)
4. None of my friends going (I got my mom and she's pretty much my best friend so that will be fine)

So you see my excuses were lame and I really wasn't asking God if He wanted me to go. Instead I was complaining that going would take me out of my comfort zone. I had already decided that I wouldn't go but...

Last night at Oasis (our woman's ministry) there was a draw from 50$ off the retreat. God was still tugging on my heart about attending so I put my name in and challenged God:

"If you really want me to go, they will draw my name!"

I should really know better.

Guess whose name got picked?

Alisa Harder

I guess that was a hint that I should have listened to the tugging before. So I'll go.

Can you hear that sound?

It's God chuckling. He's chuckling because He knew He would get me there somehow.

I'll tell you all about it because if God wanted me to go this bad it must be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment