3.29.2011

Dr's Appoint

Today was one of those days that could have been really good, or could have been really bad.

I've chose to not worry about my CT scan results at all. I figure what is the point, if I get the big bad C word then God is still in control.

Except I got really nervous about half an hour before my appointment today. It is really easy to say I would worship Him even if I didn't get the news I wanted to hear. But how was I actually going to react in my Doctor's office if she told me they had found a tumor.

I'm a planner and I like to be in control. So I figured out what I would say, and how I would say it. How I would tell me husband who was waiting right outside the room. I'm glad this was the only time I allowed worry to get the best of me and I didn't allow fear of my results to dictate my life these past few weeks.

So as the Doctor pulls up my file and reads my CT results:

"No abnormalities were found"

So thankful I trusted Him throughout this process and didn't allow fear to control me.

He is good, and He would still be good even if I had been told I had a tumor.

God is in control, and if I had to pick anyone to control it all, He definitely would be the one.

I walked out of the office was a smile on my face. My husband greeted me with worry in his eyes.

"All is well," I told him.

"What does that mean?"

"No abnormalities, no tumor, I'm cancer free."

"Are you sure, like there has to be something not working right up there?"

Jerk!

Kidding, he isn't a jerk, but I'm sure he wouldn't have been joking if they had actually found a brain tumor!

Thanks for the prayers all I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alisa, I am so relived to hear that the results came back with nothing to report! I hope that everything starts to 'level out' and that your life can get back to some normalcy.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete