8.01.2011

New clothes!

Holla!!! Finally did some shopping this weekend. I've been super frustrated with my wardrobe lately but having made a one year no mall commitment I held firm and spent several days crying with nothing to wear. Don't get me wrong I have clothes, so many clothes that I can never choose what to wear. But...they are all from high school. I really don't wan to dress like I'm in high school anymore. I seriously was ready to look like a grown up. 

So anniversary weekend was the one year up. So we went shopping! Yay! My closet is making me smile again. And the best part, I just took three times what I bought to the thrift store so my closet no longer overwhelms me. And I like everything in it. And it all fits because apparently I've lost some weight. So now I feel like way more of a grown up with slacks and blouses and skirts. Out to mcc went the classic Jean mini, anything ripped (including preripped jeans), a ton of Tshirts (really who needs 30+Tshirts that is ridiculous), a bunch of really tacky dresses, and three heavily patterned lululemon sweaters I spent way to much money on when I was young and struggled to part with in spite of the tackiness.

So the wardrobe is sorta at a starting over point. Trying to replaced instead of just add ridiculous amounts of clothing. I also have a new clothes that I actually feel really good about myself in. It's hard to feel 'blah' everything you leave the house. 

In spite of everything I just typed I really didn't buy that much but it all works together to make tons of different outfits and I got some key pieces that will work with some stuff I have already. 

So the closet is really nicely organized now, and I will smile all week when I open it up!! 

My husband spent almost the same amount of money on me for his wardrobe, lots of work clothes. He always looks so sharp.

Well back to the anniversary goodness. (which included an amazing breakfast in bed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment