8.30.2011

My Beautiful Dresser!

This is a bit of a brag post, about my amazing husband.

We had a bit of a space issue in our house. We have two closets which is totally enough but we desperately needed something with drawers. All of Shaun's clothes that couldn't hang were literally thrown on the top shelf of his closet and I have no idea how many times all those clothes came down in search of one t shirt that was buried in the bottom. So we started checking the thrift stores for dressers. We couldn't find anything! So we started looking at some cheaper furniture stores. I have expensive tastes and so does Shaun. It is not on purpose we just like things that tend to cost way too much money. The dresser I feel in love with was....$1299. Not a hot chance that was happening.

Back when we first got married Shaun always used to joke that he would like to be a furniture builder. I never thought I would see the day where he built anything. My husband is an accountant and he is the smartest man I know but I had never seen the handy man side of him.

Shaun got it in his head that he was going to build a dresser. I was a little bit scared but figured worst case we would waste a bit of money if it didn't work out and I would end up with no dresser.

My anniversary gift was a beautiful dresser. And I am baffled that it turned out as amazing as it did. Apparently I married a man who can do pretty much anything he sets his mind to. I'm incredibly proud and I have a beautiful dresser full of t shirts so that laundry is much less frustrating.

Please ignore the grainy iPod photos.

It's starting to look like a dresser.

All fits and look great, hard part is done.

After the first coat of primer.

The finished product, I think it's beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment